The Foundation relies on the support of sector specific experts, a competent advisory group that contributes to the successful development and implementation of each project.
The Advisory Group
The Foundation assembles an advisory group for each project. The advisory group is comprised of individuals who possess unique knowledge and skills which complement the knowledge and skills of the Foundation’s board of directors and staff. Advisors serve as a sounding board, a source of ideas and expertise, and provide valuable advice on general programmatic and specific project-related issues. Advisors further play an important role in partnership development, public relations and fundraising either through their direct support or by utilizing their personal and professional networks.
Responsibilities depend on the advisor’s specific area of expertise and the Foundation’s needs, and may include any of the following:
- Provide input and guidance during the planning stages of a new project including concept,
budget, funding sources, etc.
- Serve on protégé and mentor selection panels, and/or provide substantial guidance to the
Foundation regarding how to effectively assess nominees’ qualifications.
- Provide on-going input to help maximize project success.
- Interact with protégés in a mentor capacity to provide professional feedback at least once
- Provide appropriate professional networking contacts to enhance protégés’ opportunities
for learning and exposure.
- Provide input regarding the Foundation’s PR strategies.
- Help create public awareness by promoting the Foundation’s work at any occasion deemed appropriate.
- Donate funds and/or in-kind support to the Foundation.
- Increase the Foundation’s potential to broaden its funding through contacts for in-kind resources
and for direct financial support.
- Leverage expertise, and personal and professional networks to identify valuable partnerships
for the Foundation (nominating organizations, project partners, training providers, potential
advisory board members, etc.).
To recognize advisors’ contribution they will be:
- Included in regular program updates and newsletters.
- Invited to attend special Foundation events.
- Publically recognized at Foundation events, on our website, in newsletters and
- Opportunity to connect and network with other advisors at Foundation events
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming an advisor for the Foundation, or if you would like more information about the advisory group, please contact us at email@example.com.